Testosterone Boosters Vs. Pro-Hormones
There’s much chat about pro-hormones and that of natural testosterone boosters.
The former are hormone precursors that are synthetically produced. These are compounds that are converted to anabolic hormones via liver enzymes once they are introduced to the body that raise the levels of the male hormones testosterone and 19-nortestosterone.
So they are not anabolic steroids when they are sat in the bottle, however, once you pop those pills into your mouth and then they are processed by your body they turn in to an anabolic steroid. Now this is a very basic description but is effectively what happens.
Now the latter – testosterone boosters – are generally made up by a plethora (or maybe not in some cases if they are shit) of ingredients that when ingested act to help boost your body to produce more of it’s own testosterone.
Therefore, in short, you have Pro-hormones that are a synthetic addition of hormone to your body and Testosterone Boosters which encourage your body to produce more testosterone.
So this got us thinking, which should we use? What are the benefits and the downsides to each one?
Let’s crack on!
Pro-Hormones – Benefits
- Pro-hormones, being precursors to anabolic steroids can (depending on which type) create similar results to steroids as we know them, essentially you can start to look like Arnie et al as you are provided with way more synthetic testosterone that you would be able to produce
- Depending on your country of residence, these can be completely legal – there is no ban in the United Kingdom
- If you don’t like needles or injections these can be taken orally like an aspirin – so convenient and easy
- They can be very inexpensive to buy
- Quick to act, within 6 weeks you should add approximately 6 lbs of muscle
Testosterone Booster – Benefits
- Testosterone Boosters such as TestoFuel contain all natural ingredients, nothing artificial or synthetic
- Testosterone Boosters are legal pretty much everywhere around the world
- Testosterone Boosters work with your body to encourage the production or more testosterone from the gonads (by the Leydig cells in testes) and the adrenal glands
- Testosterone Boosters can be used continuous and are safe with very few side effects other than increased muscle mass, libido, fat reduction and a greater sense of well being
- Testosterone Boosters are generally not a banned substance should you participate in competitive sport (double check your local regulations)
- Muscle and strength developed from Testosterone Boosters is retained once you may stop using them as long as you maintain your workout
- Not all Testosterone Boosters require a ‘cycle’ and there is no Post Cycle therapy required because you have not substituted your own testosterone production with synthetic testosterone
Pro-Hormones – Negatives
- Pro-hormones fall under the 2014 Control Act that bans all use of steroids in the United States and is referred to as doping in sport
- As with steroids, there can be some unwanted side effects such as Gynecomastia (gyno – fat developing around the nipples), acne, male pattern baldness, prostate swelling etc.
- Pro-hormones are taken orally and have to be processed by the liver and can be very toxic unless they are not methylated
- Pro-hormones are cycled generally because of the high toxicity to the liver
- Once the cycle is complete it can be very difficult to retain the gains long term unless you go back on another cycle and then you are at increased risk of unwanted side effects
- Using steroids for a period longer than 12 weeks, without a break, can induce mood swings, chemical imbalance and the destruction of serotonin – a compound directly linked to aggressive behavior and rage
- With Pro-Hormones being illegal in some countries, it has have driven the manufacturing underground and not in proper, regulated facilities meaning you could be taking something completely different to what is on the bottle or something contaminated
- With rapid strength gains the rest of your body may not be able to react quite as quickly which can lead to long term joint, tendon or ligament injuries
Testosterone Boosters – Negatives
- Not all Testosterone Boosters contain the same ingredients (there is no standard). A Pro-Hormone or steroid it is going to be a particular compound you are taking, therefore 2,3a-Epithio-17a-methyletioallo cholan-17b-ol is Epistane which will be marketed as Epistane or EPI etc – essentially a variation of the name. however, the compound will remain the same whereas Testosterone Boosters vary massively between brands
- Due to the manufacturing processes differing with the variety of brands offering different ingredients there are not as cheap to produce as Pro-Hormones and therefore can be quite expensive.
- Due to the varying ingredients across the market it is difficult to test and post results, effects and outcomes. Generally speaking the side effects (good and bad) of Superdrol are fairly similar for most people, but one brand of T-Booster may only contain tribulus whereas another may not contain it and have a whole host of other ingredients – some with their own formulating names which is difficult to keep track of
- Some testosterone boosters even contain a Pro-Hormone compound meaning you could unwittingly be taking a controlled substance
- Some unscrupulous manufacturers include a proprietary blend which means they don’t even list the ingredients or values
- Some ingredients such as Oyster powder are not suitable for vegetarians so again, ingredients need to be carefully check from product to product
Our Testosterone Booster Vs. Pro-Hormone Conclusion
If you are looking for a rapid increase in strength, muscular size, fat reduction or endurance, pro-hormones (where legal) will provide this to you. The gains will happen within 8 weeks. Obviously different compounds will offer different results and have differing side effects but overall there are going to be all round gains.
However, as the old saying goes; ‘nothing comes for free’. This much is also true of Pro-Hormones. The bad side effects can be quite as dramatic as the muscle growth, with users potentially experiencing baldness, gyno (bitch tits), acne and even life threatening organ damage so one must be careful when using them.
On the flip side, the main issue surrounding Testosterone Boosters is the lack of standardization, it’s similar to buying a car. They are all called cars but are varying in performance, reliability etc. So essentially it can be a bit of a trial and error process which can be expensive or you read user reviews (like us!). On the plus side, once you find a great testosterone booster, not only will the effects be good over the long term, the bad side effects are quite frankly minimal and there is a very slim chance of anything harmful happening to your body. Plus you are not contravening any laws or have any concerns partaking in competitive sports. Your muscular gains won’t seem to disappear over night once you have stopped taking the Boosters like they do with Pro-Hormones so there’s definitely a strong element of longevity.
With all of that in mind we certainly feel Testosterone Boosters are the ideal route to take!